Each day, I have been varnishing my mast and yesterday I poured some Hempel's Wood Impreg inside the mast, which will hopefully add further protection.
I called to my local bronze plate suppliers today and they are going to cut out the plate for my mast fittings. Once I have these fitted, I can step my mast and call my sail maker to measure up my sails.
My seats turned out quite nice, book matched. But the process of reattaching the cutoff to the rear of the seat shows up in the grain pattern. So far I have just put sealing coats, but I will start the varnish coats over the next few days.
I finished the edges of the seats by hand, which I have come to prefer over using my router, as it seems to give a more natural finish.
|Smoothing out the inside curve with my spokeshave|